Sunday, December 14, 2008

Finally a break and Update!

Yes, I am done until next year with school!!! I loved going to school but I have been super busy and so it's nice to have a little breather.  
My house is in need of much needed attention and organization. The weekend before Thanksgiving our bedroom flooded and so they had to tear out our ceiling, walls and carpet and for 3 weeks we have been sleeping in our front room on couches. Exciting and fun let me tell you. We pretty much had no privacy while having our landlord come in and out of our apartment let alone the men doing the construction. Anyways, they just finished with putting a room together yesterday so now we can have our room back. 

Last weekend our family went done to the festival of trees. I haven't been done there for so long and I can't believe how big it has gotten. I took a picture of a couple trees. I am so glad that they do this to help those families that need help and also for sharing loved ones memories.


For all those who love Twilight you will enjoy this tree. There were a few that had the Twilight theme, but this was the best one hands down.
                                                                           This tree would be nice for all of those shoe lovers like me.














This one as one of the most creative one there. The tree is actually shot gun shells split in half. Crazy I know! What a creative person for coming up with this idea.





















A family tradition of ours is that we get together with my moms family and drive out to Willard to look at the lights. It allways fun to get together with the family. We are growing in age and in numbers and it's crazy how time flies so qucik. I remember when some of these boys were babies and now the are all grown up. It also wasn't long ago when little Maddi was just a baby.














I am a wimp when it comes to the cold so I stayed in the truck while a majority every one else rode in the back and enjoyed the breeze.

9 comments:

Megan said...

Yeah for a new post. What a sigh of relief that you are done with school - for a couple of weeks anyway. Sorry that your house was flooded and now all torn apart. Our bathroom flooded a few weeks ago and it was no fun at all. The people would always come during Anna's nap time to work on it - so convenient!

Stephanie said...

YAY! That you are getting your room back! Although I am sure you are going to miss sleeping on the couch. I am going to have to go to the festival of trees someday that looks really cool, I had no idea.

Meg said...

glade that you have some fee time maybe ella and i wil come play at your house this week since it is back to normal and yeah no more school for a min. your blog is super cute

Jaime said...

Enjoy the break while it lasts. I'm glad you enjoyed Festival of Trees. There is so much to see there. I think I need to go see the lights at Willard sometime. I have heard from a lot of people they like it. I don't blame you, I would have stayed in the truck too. I freeze instantly! Oh, I like your new picture on the top of your blog!

andyandmorganp said...

Love your pictures they turned out great! We need to get together- it's been so long!

heather bing said...

So I love your blog header pic, it's SO cute. I'm glad you get a break, breathe and enjoy it!!

Meg said...

Cute blog page. The trees were so amazing glade we all got to go.

Trina said...

Hey! It's good to see your blog. I just found Holly's and low and behold, there you are. How are things? What have you been up to. Visit our blog to see why we live in New York and what me and my husband and two daughters have been up to.

Megan said...

The idea for the cup cake bites can be found here, we just changed the fillings on them: http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/05/cupcake-bites-made-easy.html

Peanut Butter - 1 cup peanut butter mixed with 1/4 cup confectioners sugar

Oreo - http://bakerella.blogspot.com/2008/01/grocery-item-turns-gourmet.html

Cookie Dough

Mint Chocolate - chocolate cake with cream cheese frosting, then I used dark mint chocolate for the bottom of the cup cakes and white mint chocolate for the top.

The cup cake recipes are from the book 'Hello, Cupcake!'

I hope that answered your question. If I am missing something, let me know, or if it is just not understandable ;) They are really easy to make, just time consuming!